01 May 10 Biz Facts for Small Business Week
This week marks the start of the official Small Business Week courtesy of the U.S. Small Business Administration. Here are 10 facts you may or may not have known about small businesses in the United States.
- Small businesses account for about half of all private-sector jobs in the United States, employing almost 58 million Americans.
- Miami is the No. 2 city for minority entrepreneurs in the United States.
- We fund small businesses in United States and Canada anywhere from $2,000 to $ 3 million.
- This year, the Small Business Administration named Florida Business of the Year — South Dade Air Conditioning and Refrigeration of Homestead, Florida. President is Paul Morrow.
- We love to fund AC sales and repair companies. Those companies have very consistent cash flow in Florida and are easy to predict their future receivables, which is what we use to factor funding amount, payback and terms.
- Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of American’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. Donald Trump was no exception, as he proclaimed the week to span from April 30 to May 6, 2007.
- A family-owned steel and manufacturing firm,QMF Steel, Inc., from Campbell, Texas and IO Environmental and Infrastructure, Inc., a service-disabled veteran-owned environmental remediation and construction firm from San Diego, California, have been named the National Prime Contractor of the Year and National Subcontractor of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- Our favorite clients at Global Business Lending are construction companies and contractors. They are clients who need quick working capital who we can fund in less than 3 days. They even pay us back early sometimes due to the high-profit margins they have for their services.
- One of New York’s fast-growing small businesses was started by an ex-con who used his prison workouts to launch a small fitness studio called Con Body. Even tragedy can result in triumph for a small business owner.
- We love small businesses here at Global Business Lending…like ice cream loves cake, like sushi loves wasabi, like Prince William loves Kate. See if your small business can score a pre-approval with us today.